If you haven’t seen Ian’s update on Touch Arcade, here it is in full. (and since you were kind enough to visit the blog, I’ve added my own comments to each of the points to give you a little more insight in red)
1) We’re working on a small puzzle game you can pick up and play. It’s premise is that it’s a tactical game played at Esotre’s Academy, much like how chess is played at West Point. There’s a funky AI to go up against and live multiplayer that you can challenge friends over Game Center. I love this game. we have a hilarious code name for it that I unfortunately cant share. As for the AI … well, the AI has beaten me 95% of the time. It’s not pleasant, but it really gets me thinking. If people start finding it hard, we may tone down the AI or have an easy mode – depending on the situation, of course.
2) We will be releasing a free version of Ravenmark where all campaigns will be IAPs. If you havent realized by now, we pulled the Ravenmark demo app off the app store to rework it and this is the final result 😀
3) Now, since we’re doing that.. We’ll be giving our current players (You guys!) Deepwood Dragoons for free! You’ll be seeing it soon! Yay! There are a lot of new things in this campaign, including several awesome units. I’ve been told to avoid posting too many details of units here as we dont want to ruin any surprises 😉
4) Ravenmark Multiplayer is confirmed and has been added to our schedule – most of the heavy design work has been done. It’ll be a new app with a streamlined experience. In it, you’ll be taking on the role of a mercenary captain that can play the various factions of Eclisse against each other along with async multiplayer to challenge your friends with. This. This is something to look forward to. There will be a single player aspect to it, on top of the whole multiplayer experience. People wanted both experiences in one app and we listened!
5) We’ll be creating an account system (with Facebook Connect) that will tie together all our current and future games such that your progress in one will give you perks in another. So completing a campaign in Ravenmark single player would unlock unique characters/stuff in multiplayer and the likes. Yup .. I believe this is already done and should start allowing players to unlock a few perks immediately for upcoming games 😀
(also – I now have a level 53 wizard and Ian has a level 40 monk … ha ha ha.)
So there you have it! 🙂