Here’s the latest news coming straight from WHS!
1. v1.05 is currently with apple and we’ve set a release date of 5th April (or sooner, if apple approves it early. otherwise, april 5th will be patch day.) This is the changelog for the patch:
– A Tip Jar is added at the bottom of the Main Menu. Every little bit helps push our team closer towards finishing the Ravenmark saga!
– Added Gameplay section into the Codex (found under Lore). This section explains the game rules, terminology and numbers in detail.
– A Newsfeed is added at the top of the Main Menu. The newsfeed will provide players with updated information about Ravenmark, such as the patch notes and future development. The newsfeed will only be available if there is an active Internet connection at game launch.
– Players may now skip the entire Prelude campaign with a “Skip Prelude” button at the Campaign Menu. This button is only available if Ravenhood Mission 1 is not unlocked yet, and unlocks all missions up to it.
– The “Back” button in the Codex entries now says “Contents” to make it clear it returns to the Codex contents page.
– The Options menu has been reorganized for future expansion.
– When first entering the Codex, the initial “choose a category, sire” image no longer appears.
– All Unit Banners will now hide while zooming in/out of the battlefield.
– Units with an attached commander now have a small commander indicator on the bottom of the Unit Banner. This is mostly relevant for Unnamed Commanders such as the Redeemers and Jackdaw Medics as they do not have portraits and they do not give additional health.
– The last mission of each campaign in the Campaign Menu is now more visible.
– A window containing the mission objectives now appears at the start of every mission.
– Ravenhood Mission 9 is now slightly easier. Added tutorial text indicating the additional “kill Deacon” objective when he spawns.
– Added tutorial text indicating the new “Defeat Vidius Harper” objective when he spawns in Suneaters Mission 8.
– Removed Redeemers from a Jackdaw Slinger that should not have it in Suneaters Mission 8.
– For players that still have a “crashed save file” after completing the Crows and Lies dialogue (end of Prelude Mission 5) created from v1.03 of Ravenmark, loading this save file (by pressing Continue from the Main Menu) will now properly load Suneaters Mission 1. The cause of the crash was already fixed in v1.04 but it did not address the save file. The workaround was simply to load Suneaters Mission 1 from the Campaign Menu directly.
– The maps will now render properly on the new retina iPad (2012).
Aside from that, we’ve found a new backend server guy *hint hint*. We’ve also added facebook integration to the blog, so feel free to tell you how you really feel about us!
All in all – its been a really productive week for us. I’ve said it once and I’ll continue to say it again – thank you for making this possible. Thank you for playing our game and telling us that you’ve enjoyed it. Thank you for giving us your support – it means a lot. I cant say it enough and I wish I could thank you one by one (well, if you send an email to feedback, you can expect one from me!) Even if you dont have issues with the game – feel free to communicate with us via feedback. If you have a production question – Brian will see your email. If you have a creative / style based question – Ian will definitely read your email and if you’re facing any technical issues – I’m here for you throughout the day (unless I’m sleeping!)
Till next week then!